The Municipality of Skagway is accepting applications for the full-time position of Administrative Assistant for the Dahl Memorial Clinic.
WAGE RANGE: Grade 14, Step One-Entry level wage - $24.59 per hour. This position is eligible for benefits.
• Assist Executive Director and Administrative Manager with administrative operations.
• Assist front desk and billing staff with their duties as necessary including answering the phone, taking phone messages for all staff, making appointments and entering patient information into the EHR, and answering billing and insurance questions.
• Describe Sliding Fee Scale (SFS) program to patients/public and authorize SFS as necessary.
• Assist Board of Directors as directed including preparing digital board packets for distribution on board tablets, creating reports, letters, and conducting research.
• Process invoices and check requests for staff and vendors. Work with Municipal treasurer and accounts payable clerk, and within Municipal requirements for accounts payables, to render timely payment to vendors and staff.
• Coordinate visiting provider scheduling and travel.
• Responsible for all clinic advertising via social media, clinic website, news/radio ads, flyers, and email distribution list.
• Maintain clinic website.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES:
In accordance with HIPAA compliance, this position displays an understanding of patient confidentiality. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Broad technical skills including word processing, spreadsheets, database maintenance, advertising, and website design.
• Organizational skills to effectively manage multiple important priorities. Display efficiency, effective use of time, attention to detail, flexibility and ability to work independently.
• Proven ability to work with diverse groups in a stressful environment, displaying an understanding of group dynamics and dealing with stress effectively.
Applicants must submit a completed Municipality of Skagway application form to the Borough Office at the address above no later than 4:00 p.m. on July 9, 2021. Contact the borough office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application or further information. The application can also be downloaded from the website at www.skagway.org.