This position provides comprehensive coordinated primary and preventive health care services to an ethnically diverse patient population across the lifespan, including prenatal care.
Masters degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant Studies or Doctorate degree in Nursing. Licensure in State of Alaska as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant-Certified; Advanced Nurse Practitioner board certification in family medicine required. Current DEA and certification in BLS.
Experience in delivering services to medically underserved populations and cultural competency. Proficiency with Electronic Health Records required.
- Provide direct outpatient care.
- Screen, examine, diagnose, manage and treat physical disease, injuries and medical disorders.
- Order and interpret routine laboratory analysis and x-rays, and prepare case histories.
- Recognize the systems of substance abuse and respond appropriately to patient attempts to obtain unnecessary prescriptions.
- Recognize serious illnesses and conditions and refer to physician, or other health professional as appropriate.
- Provide after-hours call coverage in coordination with other medical staff and call group ensuring continuity of patient care with physician backup.
- Coordinate with center’s and community’s providers ensuring delivery of integrated comprehensive primary care services.
- Supervise, in conjunction with Clinical Support Supervisor, clinical support staff.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement activities.
- Participate in the Patient-Centered Medical Home activities, including oversight of pre-visit preparation and running daily team huddles.
- Assist in development of clinical procedures.
- Remain current with standards of primary health care practice.
- Remain current and in compliance with the Statutes and Regulations of the State of Alaska’s Medical and Nursing Boards.
- Comply with corporation’s policies and procedures.
- Utilize personal computer.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Possess considerable knowledge of methods of general medicine and primary health care, methods of diagnosing, managing and treating medical disorders, as well as the systems of more serious illnesses or conditions, appropriate laboratory tests and drug and/or physical therapies involved, and of the problems and dynamics in treating medically underserved populations.
Ability to work as successful primary health care team.
Computer skills; proficiency with Electronic Health Records.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Please visit our website to apply for the position.
Email for Application Submissions