This position provides comprehensive coordinated dental and preventive dental services to an ethnically diverse patient population. Functions as senior management team member to lead and manage the center’s dental program.
To apply for this position, please visit our website.
Dentist Licensed in the State of Alaska. Current DEA and certification in BLS.
Experience in dealing with medically underserved populations. Five years post-graduate practice experience required.
- Provides direct patient care.
- Supervises dental staff.
- Coordinates with clinic and community providers ensuring delivery of comprehensive dental care services.
- Assists in recruiting and hires, orients, monitors, directs, coaches and evaluates dental staff, including dentists, dental hygienists, dental assistants, etc.
- Leads, directs and coordinates dental services with the center’s and community’s providers ensuring delivery of integrated comprehensive primary care services.
- Oversees, in conjunction with administration the credentialing, privileging, re-credentialing and re-privileging of dental staff.
- Oversees, monitors, evaluates, and as necessary, revises the center’s continuous quality improvement and risk management programs; serves as Chair of the Continuous Quality Improvement Committee in absence of the Chief Medical Officer.
- Oversees, monitors, evaluates, and as necessary, revises the center’s clinical procedures and systems to assure compliance with federal laws regulations, standards of practice, relevant Bureau of Primary Health Care Performance Measures and risk management including OSHA, CLIA, patient care, employee health and coding.
- Remains current with standards of primary health care practice.
- Participates as part of center’s leadership team in evaluation of clinical services, budgeting and feasibility of expansions in dental services.
- Participates in community meetings.
- Participates in development of written collaborative and memorandums of agreement for center’s and patient services.
- Complies with corporation’s policies and procedures.
- Utilizes specialized office equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to support and work collaboratively with clinicians and administrators to oversee clinical performances measures and business plan.
Experience in dealing with medically underserved populations and cultural competency.
Ability to lead, manage, problem solve and coordinate care with dentists, physicians, internally and with other allied health and social service providers.
Familiarity with automated practice management and electronic dental record systems.
Knowledge of dental clinic operations, and the principles of supervision and training.
Ability to provide consultation to dentists and dental hygienists.
Excellent oral and written communication, problem solving and negotiation skills.
Ability to work as successful integrated multidisciplinary primary health care team.
Ability to work effectively with community’s system of care, community members and navigate and negotiate MOA’s to provide comprehensive coordinated patient care.
Please feel free to visit our website to apply or submit CV's to email@example.com