The Municipality of Skagway is accepting applications for the position of Clinic Executive Director for the Dahl Memorial Clinic. This is a full-time salaried position working a minimum of 40 hours per week. This position is eligible for municipal benefits.
WAGE RANGE: $110,000 - $160,000 depending upon experience and qualifications.
DUTIES: This position is under the direction of the Clinic Board, which delegates responsibility for management and day-to-day operations to the Executive Director. The Executive Director has the authority to carry out these responsibilities in accordance with the direction and policies established by the Board.
• Serves as functional CEO (Chief Executive Officer) for administration of clinic grants.
• Serves as functional CFO (Chief Financial Officer) for administration of clinic grants.
• Keeps the Board fully informed on the condition of the clinic and on all the important factors influencing it.
• Prepares and presents for Board approval all contracts, memorandums of agreement, memorandums of understanding, etc., for medical services at ancillary and regional clinics and hospitals, visiting providers, consultants, Medicare, Medicaid, and/or other as required by the 330 grant and for clinic functionality.
• Maintain clinic licensing and enrollment including its business license, System for Award Management, IACS, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.
• Responsible for identifying problems and opportunities and addresses them; brings those which are appropriate to the Board and/or its committees; and, facilitates discussion and deliberation.
• Responsible for ensuring patient/customer confidentiality following clinic guidelines.
• Maintains good public relations with other health care facilities, public agencies, and insurance companies.
• Assures program quality and organizational stability through development and implementation of standards and controls, systems and procedures, and regular evaluation.
• Responsible for developing short- and long-range planning for clinical operations and improvements to processes. Responsible for developing and implementing strategies to achieve clinic planning goals and federal requirements. Responsible for high level decision-making, policy-setting and conflict resolution in line with clinic mission and policy.
• Works with Administrative Manager to develop, and gives final approval to determine, office and in-house policies and procedures.
• Informs the Board and its committees about trends, issues, problems and activities in order to facilitate policy-making.
• Creates, reviews, revises and presents policies and procedures to the Board for approval and responsible for and oversees implementation of policies and procedures.
• Manages Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) funding under Rural Healthcare program.
• Reviews all reports from all staff to ensure data input was accurate and disseminates reporting as necessary for Municipality, Board or grant entities
• Prepares annual budget and is responsible for working within that budget.
• Prepares for and works with auditors and Municipal treasurer on clinic audit.
• Prepares and presents for Board approval all contracts, memorandums of agreement. memorandums of
understanding, etc., for medical services at ancillary and regional clinics and hospitals, visiting providers,
consultants, Medicare, Medicaid, and/or other as required by the 330 grant and for clinic functionality.
• Complete all grant-related reporting and requirements within required systems and timelines including:
--drawdowns and Federal Cash Transaction reports via the Payment Management System
--Federal Financial Report, Uniform Data System (UDS) report, Federal Torts Claims Act (FTCA)
--Quality Improvement (QI) reporting
--Submission of changes to grant budget using federal online systems
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
This position performs tasks as directed while demonstrating skills in customer service, quality management,
interpersonal relationships, and teamwork. In accordance with HIPAA compliance, this position displays an
understanding of patient confidentiality. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, health care administration or related field required. Additional
management experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
• Three years office/clinic management experience, which includes coding, billing, and collections experience
required. Two years medical office experience involving billing and collections may be substituted for each year
of management experience to meet the requirement.
• Extensive experience operating a HRSA Section 330 Community Health Center
• Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet programs including
Excel and Microsoft Word.
• Organizational skills to effectively manage multiple important priorities
• Proven ability to lead and work with diverse groups in a stressful environment, displaying an understanding of
group dynamics and dealing with stress effectively
• Ability to deal with the pressure and stress of working in a Clinic setting
• Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills including the ability to respond verbally and in writing to
controversial and sensitive issues
• Experience creating and working within a budget
• Experience in organizing and streamlining office systems to deal with a growing workload and a limited staff and
• Ability to work with, and lead use of, EHR
• Ability to handle detailed, complex concepts and problems, balance multiple tasks simultaneously, and make
rapid decisions regarding administrative issues.
• Supervisory experience.
Contact the borough office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application or further information.
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and completed Municipality of Skagway employment application form to the borough office at PO Box 415, Skagway AK 99840 or at the
email address above. The application can also be downloaded from the website at www.skagway.org. This position is open until filled.