The Municipality of Skagway is accepting applications for a Clinic Health Information Technology Specialist. This is a full-time position, subject to shift work and occasional Saturday hours; summer hours can vary due to extended hours of the clinic.
WAGE RANGE: Wage range is negotiated per contract. Benefits per contract include Medical/Dental Plan, Optional Life Insurance, Annual/Sick Leave, and Flexible Spending Plan for pre-tax medical spending deductions. This position is not eligible for PERS (Public Employees Retirement System). NOTE: This position was created by and is dependent on successful administration and continuation of the HRSA 330 grant.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
This position serves as the clinic Health Information Technology Specialist. This position will help manage the electronic health record program in the clinic as well as the clinic’s networks and IT equipment. This position will provide analysis, functional support, training, and education for electronic clinical applications. In accordance with HIPAA compliance, this position displays an understanding of patient confidentiality. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Health Management Information Systems, or other degree, or 3 years full time experience. Experience in technical support of Health Information Systems may be substituted for education requirement.
• Ability to prioritize and track work assignments.
• Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills to include effective time management, attention to detail, and flexibility.
• Ability to carry out complex written or oral instructions.
• Ability to work independently and problem-solve independently.
• Must be able to demonstrate analytical skills, analyze complex tasks/systems/problems, determine possible solutions, and design, implement, and evaluate most effective solution.
• Demonstrate the ability to work with diverse groups in a stressful environment. Display an understanding of group dynamics.
• Display ability to deal with stress effectively and function in an environment with constant interruptions
• Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
• Must have a working knowledge of pc systems including knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Must have the ability to stand, sit, stoop, bend, and reach. Must be able to use a telephone or headset equipment. On an infrequent basis, must be able to lift and move material weighing up to 20 lbs. to move clinic computer, systems, or other equipment.
OTHER PREFERRED SKILLS:
• Knowledge of Crystal Reports and SQL which includes query, changes, and updates.
• Understand healthcare terminology, business processes, and user issues associated with Clinic practice.
• Possess strong clinical and business knowledge to understand the data sources and resulting quality and integrity of the electronic medical record.
• Experience with Electronic Medical Records, preferably Athenahealth.
This is not a complete job description.
Contact the borough office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application or further information. The application can also be downloaded from the website at www.skagway.org.
Applicants must submit a completed Municipality of Skagway application form to the borough office. This position is open until