Bethel Family Clinic is a Federally Qualified Health Center located in Bethel, Alaska providing medical, dental, and behavioral health services. We are looking for a well-qualified applicant for the position of general dentist. Bethel is a rural town in the western part of Alaska that operates as the logistical hub of the much wider area called the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta. People from many of the surrounding villages must travel to or through Bethel for their healthcare needs. A dentist at Bethel Family Clinic is responsible for providing high-quality, comprehensive dental care with a professional attitude and a willingness to help those in need. Bethel Family Clinic is a qualified work site for student load repayment programs such as NHSC and Alaska SHARP program.
- Education: Successful completion of DDS or DMD degree program from a school accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation
- Experience: At least 1 year of work experience preferred. Proficiency in endodontic treatment preferred.
- Licenses, Certifications: Must be licensed and in good standing with the State of Alaska Board of Dentistry. Current BLS certification. Current DEA registration.
- Specialized Skills: Good interpersonal, communication, and computer skills. Ability to work independently and problem solve
- Physical Requirements: Must have good manual dexterity and ability to repeatedly work with hands and fingers on a daily basis; able to sit for extended periods while working with patients; able to bend and/or twist body.
Position Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Diagnose, treatment plan, and provide appropriate treatment to patients, including preventive, restorative, surgical, endodontic, periodontal, and prosthodontic treatment modalities
- Provide patient education on oral health
- Train the dental assistants and perform yearly competency tests on them in conjunction with the office manager. These competency tests will be filed in their HR file with their annual Performance Evaluation (done by the Office Manager).
- Complete performance evaluations on the dental hygienist.
- Communicate with the dental staff regarding patient treatment plans
- Prescribe medications as necessary
- Careful documentation of all medications, diagnoses, treatments, and consultations in electronic dental record
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and professional demeanor.
- Write appropriate referrals to outside providers when indicated.
- Supervision of the work including all professional, technical and administrative dental staff. Organizational flow is as follows: Dentist – Dental Hygienist and Office Manager – Assistants will be directly supervised by the Office Manager.
- BFC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other area protected by federal or state law. Individuals that need assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact the Administration for BFC directly.
- Employee must have the legal authorization to work in the U.S.
Please apply on our website: www.bethelfamilyclinic.org