Responsible for maintaining and monitoring compliance of KANA’s Immunization program, oversight of the Nurse Clinic; and providing professional nursing care to patients in KANA clinics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversee KANA’s Immunization program including, but not limited to, ordering and receiving vaccines through VacTrak, administering immunizations, coordination with villages on vaccine needs, tracking and recording vaccine information given in other clinics, corresponding with patients due for immunization, daily temperature checks, monitoring for expired vaccines, staff support for vaccine questions, regular inspections and reporting, inventory, and record maintenance.
- Provide professional nursing care to patients in KANA clinic facility as directed by Nursing Manager or Clinical Director.
- Explain procedures and treatments to patient to gain cooperation, understanding, and allay apprehension.
- Communicate necessary information between Care Team and patient in a manner that positively impacts patients’ health. Identify patient needs and work to address them with the Care Team.
- Administer prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
- Prepare equipment and aid Medical Provider during treatment and examination of patient.
- Maintain awareness of comfort and safety needs of patient.
- Observe patient, record significant conditions and reactions, and notify Medical Provider of patient's condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Take temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal and assess condition of patient.
- Respond to life saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
- Document nursing history and physical assessment for assigned patients.
- Prepare rooms, sterile instruments, equipment, and supplies for procedures.
- Participate in department quality improvement activities as assigned.
Completion of a Registered Nurse program, and one year nursing experience and/or training. Alaska Licensed Registered Nurse, current BLS and CPR certifications. Proficiency in Database; Internet; Spreadsheet; Word Processing; and Electronic Health Records software. Strong customer service skills.
Please apply via our website at http://kodiakhealthcare.org/careers in order to be considered.