Description and Qualifications
This position provides patient centered care utilizing therapeutic massage, ensuring optimum quality and continuity of care for clients.
- Provides patient centered care using therapeutic massage techniques of the soft tissue and joints.
- May assist in the assessment of range of motion and muscle strength, or propose client therapy plans.
- Assist with rehabilitative programs that improve mobility, relieve pain, increase strength and improve or correct disabling conditions resulting from disease or injury.
- Assist with rehabilitative programs that help build or restore vocational, homemaking and daily living skills, as well as general independence to persons with disabilities or developmental delays.
- Document appropriately to endure high quality, continuing care.
- Assist in evaluation of appropriateness of plan of care and revise on an ongoing basis in collaboration with other disciplines as appropriate.
- Compare assessment data to baseline assessment to monitor patient’s progress. Recognize alterations in function, including life – threatening situations. Intervene and document appropriately.
- Identify significant clinical findings, make conclusions and intervene appropriately.
- Interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age – specific needs.
- Utilize a team approach to provide services and collaborate and communicate with team member when needed.
- Identify when a program participant’s needs are outside the scope of the instructor’s practice and expertise, plus arrange for additional services to meet needs.
- Participate in the development of training materials. · Perform other duties as assigned.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong understanding and sensitivity to Alaska Native culture and lifestyle, with demonstrated experience working effectively with Alaska Native population.
- Strong written, analytical, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Effective oral and written communications skills with sensitivity to lifestyles of targeted participants.
- Skills in operating personal computer using a variety of software.
- Ability to keep accurate records and produce timely and accurate written reports.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality as required for HIPAA, other regulations and organization matters.
- Ability to learn and apply program/agency operating policies and procedures.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks concurrently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships, including outside contacts.
- Ability to work independently as well as with teams.
- Currently licensed and registered to practice with the State of Alaska Board of Massage Therapists.
- Two (2) years of experience in direct client care.
- Must have current certification in BLS or obtain BLS certification required within 60 days of hire.
- A combination of experience, education, and training may substitute for degree requirements on a year for year basis.
- Four (4) years of experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CRNA is a smoke free and tobacco free campus. May require local travel between compact services of CRNA which may involve exposure to extreme weather conditions. Works in an environment where protection of client confidentiality is essential. Personal Protective Equipment will be provided when and where needed.
Work will be monitored through weekly meetings, reports, and regular communication with the immediate supervisor. General guidelines for operations are based on program requirements, conditions of grant award(s), and the general policies and procedures of CRNA.
Position will not provide direct supervision.
Contacts include and not limited to volunteers, organizational staff, clients, and outside agencies.
CONDITIONS OF HIRE
- All employment at CRNA is “at will.” This means that the employee or CRNA may terminate employment at any time and for any reason. Unless specified in writing, no term of employment is expressed or implied for this position.
- CRNA is a no tolerance workplace. All employees must pass an initial and random drug and alcohol screening to be eligible for and maintain employment.
- CRNA has several positions that require a criminal background check for the safety of our clients. All employment offers in the “covered” classification are conditional until CRNA has received a Federal criminal background check verifying eligibility to work in these programs.
- First Aid/CPR adult and pediatric certification must be obtained within 90 days.
- As applicable by position and company policy, must meet standards for fitness for duty, immunizations, credentialing and privileging.