Position Description- RN reports to Medical Director and Executive Director. No less than 40 hours per week with the possibility of on-call shifts and overtime. The registered nurse will be responsible for clinical duties assigned to her by the medical director and providers. These duties may include, but are not limited to:
Clinical skills such as:
- Starting intravenous lines (IV),
- Administering medications via IV and intramuscular (IM) routes.
- Administering vaccinations, including COVID vaccinations
- Performing COVID tests
- Monitoring critical patients who are waiting to be medevacked
- Inserting Foley catheters
- Inserting nasogastric tubes
- Wound dressing changes
- Patient education
- Chronic disease case management
- Returning patient phone calls and scheduling appointments
- Screening medication renewal requests
- Check in patients to be seen
- Case Management
Salary- Range- $40-$52/hr- DOE and qualifications. Transportation costs to and from Skagway included. Housing is included.
Required Qualifications- Must be a registered nurse in good standing and licensed to practice in the State of Alaska. Must possess superior communication skills and critical thinking skills.
- Must be well groomed and demonstrate good personal hygiene.
- Must be dependable and reliable.
- Must have good computer skills and be comfortable working with electronic medical records systems.
- ACLS and PALS certified
- Previous experience working in a clinic and/or emergency setting.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt in a constantly changing, fast-paced environment.
Submit your resume/CV and references to Clinic Director Este Fielding at email@example.com.