Seward Community Health Center (SCHC) in beautiful Seward, Alaska would like to hire a PT Pediatrician or Pediatric Nurse Practitioner to help improve the quality of life for local families with children. Enjoy a positive, supportive, fun, and rewarding work culture!
Seward, Alaska is a majestic, quaint town located 120 miles south of Anchorage and is surrounded by beautiful snow-capped mountains in the center of Kenai Fjords National Park. Seward offers year-round opportunities for outdoor activities including skiing, kayaking, fishing, hiking, biking, boating, wildlife viewing, and so much more. If you enjoy adventuring up mountains, between glaciers and in waters, or sightseeing, going on wildlife tours or bird watching, Seward is the place for you!
Seward Community Health Center (SCHC) is a federally qualified health center. We welcome anyone in need of quality, affordable healthcare by providing integrated, patient-centered primary care for a variety of illnesses and conditions for the entire family. SCHC is the leading provider of healthcare services in the Eastern Kenai Peninsula, with passionate, dedicated staff who work daily to help increase access to services for our community members. We are seeking to hire additional staff who will add to our ability to make our community and SCHC a better place to live and work.
Check out the following link for more information about Seward: https://www.seward.com/
Join the team at SCHC in Seward, AK!
- We are looking for a PT Pediatrician (MD or DO) or Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (NP) to join our growing provider team!
- Flexible schedule, working about 30-hours per month.
Provides medical care to infants, children, and adolescents; and diagnoses and treats illnesses, medical conditions, and injuries.
- Medical Doctor (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree from an accredited medical school; or graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner (NP) program, required.
- Board Certified or board eligible in Pediatrics (MD/DO), and a minimum of three years of applicable experience required (MD/DO/NP).
- Current State of Alaska physician license; or professional license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner, with a current Alaska license, required.
- Maintain certifications and training necessary to meet SCHC credentialing policies required.
- Current DEA license required (or in application process at time of hire).
- ACLS, PALS and ATLS certification preferred.
- Three or more years’ experience in an outpatient health clinic setting required. Experience in a community health center setting working with underserved populations preferred.
- Pre-employment drug screening, TB test, required vaccinations per policy, current BLS certification (SCHC provides training), background check and reference check.
- SCHC requires all staff working on-site to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Medical and religious exemptions may be granted according to SCHC policy.
We want to hear from you regardless of your background and experience. SCHC is an equal opportunity employer.
Please visit our Careers page on our website to apply: https://www.sewardhealthcenter.org/careers
Or, you can send your resume to Tammy Backus at: email@example.com