- Clinical skill & team player
- Passion to serve & ability to embrace our tribal health mission
- Sense of Adventure: fly to small rural Alaska villages
- Previous Peace Corps, Medical Missions or Cross-Cultural healthcare experience
- Beautiful new award winning tribal health super clinic
- Come serve in a busy mission driven supportive team setting
- Family friendly university community: https://youtu.be/UT7L9QDcfU0
- Live 2 hours from Denali National Park
- Cross-cultural tribal and rural health
- Exciting time of growth and expansion
- Opportunities for mentoring, collaboration and advancement
- Exceptional benefits include 30 days PTO, 11 paid holidays & 7% employer contributions into a pension and profit sharing plan
- 80 hours and $5K annual CME
- Salary $130K to $170K DOE
- 40 k Signing bonus, and options for student loan repayment
- Contact: Holly Weaver-Hall, Director of Recruitment and Retention, 907-452-8251 Extension 3282 or email email@example.com
The Tanana Chiefs Conference is now hiring for a Physician Assistant- Rural Float at Chief Andrew Isaac Health Center--an award winning cultural super clinic located in Fairbanks--Interior Alaska's urban hub. The Fairbanks based clinic is itself a hub that serves the larger mission of supporting health and wellness to Indian Health Service beneficiaries--Alaska Natives and American Indians, as well as many non-beneficiaries, in 42 villages across the river systems of the Interior (Yukon, Koyukuk, Kuskokwim, Tanana and more). This 235,000 square mile region is the home of the Tanana Chiefs Conference.
TCC is looking for a Physician Assistant Rural Float that has proven clinical, organizational & people skills and also embodies respect, humility and cultural sensitivity. We are not just looking for physicians—we are looking for advanced practitioners with both clinical skill and passion to share our vision and serve our families, friends and neighbors--physicians that want to become part of our communities and grow to love Alaska and its peoples. Candidate must be willing to fly to remote clinic locations quarterly by small twin-engine aircraft.
Physician Assistant Rural Float Qualifications:
- Meet applicable licensure, credentialing, and privileging standards for specialty.
- Due to differences in scope of care, practice, or service across settings, the specific experience required for this position may vary.
- Must pass background check pursuant to federal Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act requirements.
Must pass background check pursuant to federal Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act requirements.
Learn more here:
The most innovative aspect of the clinic's design is its approach to caring for patients and families through an integrated-care model that emphasizes wellness over intervention and focuses on family-centered lifestyle changes. In this Patient-Centered Medical Home model, a highly-collaborative team of providers works together in an open space. Such teams — made up of doctors, nurses, medical assistants and specialists — care for entire families. The team learns about a family’s medical and non-medical issues, which ensures comprehensive prenatal to end-of-life care and support on the patient’s journey to optimal wellness. Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Women's Health (OBGYN & CNM), General Surgery, Psychiatry, Orthopedic PA, Radiology, Dentistry, Optometry, Lab, and Pharmacy are all services at the health center. We are transitioning our Electronic Health Record from RPMS to AthenaHealth in 2017.
- TCC Health Services Mission: TCC Health Services, in partnership with those we serve, promotes and enhances spiritual, physical, mental and emotional wellness through education, prevention and the delivery of quality services.
Email for Application Submissions