This is a professional position in which the employee provides patient care for patients within the Cross Road Health Ministries scope of care. Nurse Practitioner works collaboratively with the CRHM Behavioral Health team and the medical practitioners at Cross Road Health Ministries to provide patient assessment and diagnosis, formulate treatment plans, prescribe medications, order laboratory tests, interpret test results, provide patient education, prepare medical records and refer patients for inpatient care in accordance with statutes, regulations and protocols regulating the profession. The employee works under the supervision of the CRHM Medical Director and the Cross Road Medical Center Clinical Administrator.
Examples of Work Performed
- Provides patient assessment, diagnosis and treatment plans in accordance with statutes, regulations and protocols regulating the profession.
- Collaborates with the staff psychiatrist, the nursing staff and technical personnel, as well as the counselors Cross Road Health Ministries.
- Provides psychiatric health services, education, counseling and emotional support.
- Refers patients for inpatient care, in collaboration with the behavioral health and medical staff at Cross Road Health Ministries.
- Issues medication prescriptions in accordance with treatment guidelines.
- Orders laboratory tests, interprets and explains the test results to patients.
- Provides patient education regarding medications, risks, benefits and reasonable outcome expectations.
- Communicates with patients and engages in follow-up as necessary.
- May also provide primary medical care services as indicated, in accordance with statues, regulations and protocols regulating the profession.
- Performs similar or related duties as assigned or required.
Contact email@example.com or call Scott @ 907-822-5686 x 109.