This position supports the Chief Medical Officer with coordination and, as appropriate, implementation of the clinical quality performance improvement systems and activities.
Master’s Degree in Nursing, Public Health or related field.
Minimum two years’ experience in healthcare or other related programs including working on performance improvement activities, such as generating or using health data from a practice management and/or electronic health record system and setting/monitoring measurable goals for improvement. Four years’ experience in health care setting or activity with responsibilities in generating operational or improvement activities may substitute for required degree. One-year experience in supervising staff. Experience in working with medically underserved populations and cultural competence.
- Report to work as scheduled, on time and prepared to start working. Remain at work for their entire work schedule.
- Implements and oversees the Center’s quality performance improvement programs, systems, and activities.
- Coordinates and, as necessary in conjunction with Chief Medical Officer, revises relevant clinical quality performance and health records systems.
- Implements and coordinates the center’s continuous quality improvement and risk management (QI/RM) committee activities, including generating and maintaining meetings, minutes, files and reports.
- Oversees, orients, trains, monitors, and as necessary, coaches employees in use of Electronic Health Record (EHR) and Electronic Dental Record (EDR) systems, including monitoring and resolving interfaces and errors.
- Coordinates and, as necessary, generates and validates patient registries and population-based performance data and reports out of Electronic Practice Management and EHR/EDR.
- Trains staff; tests new processes and procedures, redesigns (using Plan, Do, Study, Act cycles); implements, monitors, evaluates, and reports on improvements.
- Oversees, prepares, coordinates, reviews and submits related program reports, including Uniform Data System, Community Needs Assessments, EHR contracts, other HRSA related reports, etc.
- Implements National Committee on Quality Assurance Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) accreditation, including serving as PCMH transformation manager, documentation of activities and submission of survey. Assists with training staff, compliance, auditing and evaluating systems to ensure the center is meeting recognition requirements.
- Participates in development and review of memorandums of agreement and contracts and vendor interface for Center’s health information technology including software.
- Assists in conjunction with the Leadership Team and others, develops policies and procedures to improve clinical systems of care.
- Integrates and works collaboratively with employees and departments.
- Participates in meetings, including continuous quality improvement, provider, and leadership teams.
- Complies with Center’s policies and procedures.
- Remains current with standards of primary health care practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities.
Ability to work with racially and ethnically diverse populations.
Technically proficient computer skills and extensive knowledge of clinical systems, electronic health records and primary patient health care.
Thorough knowledge of common office equipment (copier, fax, printer, etc.).
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Strong analytical, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
Ability to work independently and as a team member.
Knowledge of outpatient health operations.
Knowledge of policy development.
To view the job positing, please visit our website at https://interiorhealthalaska.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=132&source=aWQ9Ng%3D%3D
Email for Application Submissions