This purpose of this position is to provide chair-side and clinical assistance to providers, including Pediatrics Dentist, allowing for quality patient care and education to occur in the most efficient, appropriate manner possible.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Provide assistance to dentists and hygienists in 4-handed dentistry.
- Gather clinical data, test results for EPT, cold, etc. as directed for doctor’s review.
- Take radiographs, of diagnostic quality, as prescribed.
- Enter findings, procedures and treatment plans into charting system for doctor’s review.
- Perform patient education and home care instructions.
- Clean and maintain operatory, patient areas and lab.
- Sterilize and process instruments as needed, with appropriate PPE.
- Call patients or other offices and care coordinator as needed for patient follow up.
- Front desk duties as assigned, if applicable.
This position requires a comprehensive knowledge of dental assisting techniques and procedures for general dentistry. It includes familiarity with OSHA requirements, modern dental materials and their storage and handling. The ability to respond to patients in an empathetic and professional manner is necessary.
- Provide assistance to dentists with knowledge of restorative procedures to include: stainless steel crowns, space maintainers, oral sedation, safety positioning devices, and positive behavior management.
- Provide assistance to Dentists with knowledge of preventative, restorative, endodontic, prosthetic and oral surgery procedures.
- To assist in the treatment and education of patients in the control and prevention of oral disease such as caries and periodontal disease through proper oral hygiene and regular professional care.
- Prepares operatories and equipment for necessary patient treatment prior to appointment and cleans and stocks operatory following appointment.
- Prepares patient for treatment, including the taking and processing of any and all necessary radiographs utilizing digital and electronic systems.
- Takes and records Health History Review prior to treatment, when necessary.
- Provides chair-side, four-handed assistance to the provider during all dental procedures.
- Under direction from the provider, records diagnosis, procedural codes, treatment notes, and treatment plans in the electronic patient chart.
- Provides patient with necessary education, including pre- and post-operative instructions.
- Sterilizes and maintains instruments and supplies according to clinic policy.
Please view website at www.pchsak.org to learn more about this position and/or PCHS.
Please apply online at www.pchsak.org or contact HR directly at firstname.lastname@example.org / 907-260-5017.