This position provides comprehensive coordinated preventive dental services to an ethnically diverse patient populations across the lifespan.
Dentist Licensed in the State of Alaska and DEA registration. Current certification in BLS.
Experience in dealing with medically underserved populations. Experience with Electronic Dental Records required; experience with Dentrix preferred. Two years post-graduate practice experience preferred.
- Provides direct patient care to dental patients of the Interior Community Health Center.
- Supervises, in conjunction with Chief Dental Officer, dental assistants and dental hygienists.
- Coordinates services with clinic and community providers to ensure delivery of comprehensive dental care services.
- Coordinates with center’s and community’s providers to ensure delivery of integrated multidisciplinary comprehensive primary care services.
- Participates in center’s continuous quality improvement systems and activities.
- Assists with the center’s dental procedures and systems to assure compliance with federal laws, regulations and standards of practice, including, dental policies and procedures, OSHA, CLIA, patient care, employee health, coding and billing.
- Remains current with standards of practice.
- Participates in community meetings.
- Participates in development of written collaborative and memorandum’s of agreement for center’s and patient services.
- Complies with corporation’s policies and procedures.
- Utilizes personal computer.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to coordinate care with other medical, behavioral health and dental staff.
Knowledge of dental clinic operations.
Ability to support and work collaboratively with clinicians and administrators to oversee dental and business plan.
Basic computer skills to include proficiency with Electronic Dental Records.
Excellent oral and written communication, problem solving and negotiation skills.
Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
Ability to work under pressure.
Ability to work as successful integrated multi-disciplinary primary health care team.
Please visit our website for more information about the position.
Email for Application Submissions