This position provides comprehensive coordinated primary and preventive health care services to an ethnically diverse patient population within their appropriate scope of practice.
Physician licensed to practice in the State of Alaska; Board Certified in appropriate primary care specialty.
Current certification in BLS.
Graduation from residency program; currently practicing Family Practice with Obstetric care or Family Practice without Obstetric care preferred.
- Provide direct outpatient patient care in accordance with productivity expectations.
- Coordinate inpatient care with other physicians at Fairbanks Memorial Hospital and Denali Center.
- Provide consultation to Advanced Practice Providers.
- Provide after-hours call coverage in coordination with other medical staff ensuring continuity of patient care.
- Coordinate with Center’s and community’s providers ensuring delivery of integrated comprehensive primary care services.
- Work as interdisciplinary team member with Clinical Staff Coordinator, Nurse Case Manager, Behavioral Health Providers and clinical support staff.
- Participate in the Patient-Centered Medical Home activities, including oversight of pre-visit preparation and running daily team huddles.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement activities.
- Assist in development and review of clinical procedures.
- Remain current with standards of primary health care practice.
- Comply with center’s policies and procedures.
- Utilize personal computer.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to support and work collaboratively with clinicians and administrators to oversee clinical and business plan.
Ability to obtain and maintain hospital privileges at Fairbanks Memorial Hospital within outpatient scope of practice.
Experience in dealing with medically underserved populations and cultural competency.
Ability to coordinate care with physicians and other allied health and social service providers.
Ability to provide consultation to Advanced Practice Providers (e.g. Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants).
Excellent oral and written communication, problem solving and negotiation skills.
Ability to work as successful integrated multi-disciplinary primary health care team.